Inspired by timeless design around the globe, our Heirloom items are our future antiques – designed with your children and your children’s children in mind. Hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind and made to order, the Lunar Quilt is inspired by Japanese boro – patched indigo textiles with a rich history embedded Japanese family life.
- Patch-worked by hand, the quilt topper is made using antique indigo textiles. Dating back as far as 150 years, these fabrics would have been used as futon covers in Japanese homes – lovingly cared for, mended and passed down from generation to generation.
- The backing fabric is dyed and woven in Okayama, Japan, using the same traditional methods that would have been used when the boro textiles were originally made.
- The quilt is filled using 100% cotton batting, making the Lunar Quilt completely natural – from fabric to dye to filling.
- As with all our Suitcase product, the Lunar Quilt is designed to travel – sold with a made-to-measure duffle bag, sewn using durable Japanese woven sashiko.
- Dimensions: 160cm x 190cm
Made to Order:
Each quilt is made using antique textiles sourced across Japan, and as such is completely unique. As each item is made to order, we are open to discussing bespoke variations in design, for example specific shades of indigo, personalised embroideries and variations in topstitching – please get in touch via the contact form to discuss and allow six weeks for construction and delivery.